Note that is Online Account opening promo is only open to Filipino applicants currently residing in the Philippines.
Zero Maintaining Balance?
Yes, but don’t keep it zero for 60 consecutive days! PNB advertises this promo as a zero maintaining balance account. However when you read the fine print, please take note of the following:
“The Promo exempts the Regular Savings Account from the imposition of the Bank’s maintaining balance fee
even if the balance in the Regular Savings Account falls below the required Average Daily Balance of PESOS:
Three Thousand (PHP3,000.00); provided, that if the balance is zero (0) for sixty (60) consecutive days,
paragraph 5 below shall apply.”
Paragraph 5 of the Terms and Conditions read:
“The Regular Savings Account shall have no initial deposit requirement but must not be zero balance for 60
consecutive days to avoid auto-closure.”
Therefore with this PNB Online Account, you will need to make sure you do not have a zero balance for 60 consecutive days so that your account does not auto-close. This process of auto-closure is standard practice for banks when a zero balance is incurred.
Get Started on Your PNB Online Account
Technically, there are 3 steps involved in order to fully utilize your PNB Online Bank Account:
- Fill-up the online application form here (http://bit.ly/PNBCASAOnlineApp)
- Confirm and get verified via video call with your preferred PNB Branch of your choice
- Pick-up your PNB PAL Mabuhay Miles Debit Mastercard from the preferred PNB Branch of your choice
Even if you don’t pick-up your Mastercard Debit card yet, you can already use your account but you will have to deal with a maximum balance limit of Php 100,000.00.
Make sure you have at least 1 valid-id (see below for list), you TIN (though it is not required), and a clear photo / image file containing your 3 specimen signatures.
- Valid Passport (including those issued by foreign governments)
- Driver’s License
- SSS Card (digitized)
- GSIS e-Card
- PRC ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Digitized Voter’s ID
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- PhilHealth Card
- Senior Citizen Card
- Barangay Certification
- OWWA ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Government Office and GOCC ID (e.g. AFP, HDMF IDs)
- Certification from NCWDP
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or IC
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant/Certificate of Registration
For more information, check out PNB’s official page at https://www.pnb.com.ph/index.php/casa-online-account-application. Read the terms and conditions of the PNB EZ Promo at https://pnb-website.s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/docs/ZERO-MAINTAINING-BALANCE-FEE-FOR-LIFE-TC-June-2021.pdf