As of June 12, 2021, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) opened more areas for you to accomplish “Step 2” to get your Philippine National ID or PhilID and PhilSys Number. Step 2 validates your identification by requiring you to present your current valid IDs to validate against original documents, as well as captures your biometric information.
Rest assured that according to the PSA, they are constantly opening more sites so that more and more Filipinos can avail of this free and permanent national identification. Step 2 Booking of Slots has its earliest date of booking on June 18, 2021.
Think of this Step 2 process like your booking for a Passport slot 😉
Existing PhilID and PhilSys Step 2 Sites
Prior to the June 12 announcement, the PSA already had Step 2 bookings available for the following locations:
- Ilocos Sur – City of Candon
- Ilocos Sur – City of Vigan
- La Union – City of San Fernando
- Pangasinan – Lingayen
- Isabela – Echague
- Nueva Ecija – Science City of Muñoz
- Camarines Sur – City of Naga
- Masbate – City of Masbate
- Antique – San Jose
- Capiz – City of Roxas
- Bohol – Jagna
- Cebu – Bantayan
- Negros Oriental – City of Dumaguete
- Leyte – City of Baybay
PSA Step 2 Sites per Region as of June 12, 2021
Here are the locations where PSA has opened additional Step 2 sites:
Region 1 – La Union, Pangasinan
City of Alaminos
City of Dagupan
City of San Carlos
City of Urdaneta
Region 2 – Isabela
City of Cauayan
City of Ilagan
Region 3 – Bataan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Tarlac, Zambales
City of Cabanatuan
City of Gapan
San Jose City
Region 4-A – Quezon
Region 5 – Albay, Camarines Sur
City of Legazpi
City of Ligao
City of Tabaco
City of Iriga
Region 6 – Antique, Iloilo, Negros Occidental
Enrique B. Magalona (Saravia)
Region 7 – Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental
City of Bogo
City of Carcar
City of Cebu
City of Lapu-Lapu
City of Mandaue
City of Naga
City of Talisay
City of Toledo
What to Prepare for Step 2?
You will need to ensure the following:
- Bring your primary or secondary supporting documents
- A copy of your Step 2 successful booking confirmation that has the QR Code (print-out or screenshot on your phone is allowed), and
- Make sure you don’t wear any sleeveless tops during your Step 2 visit
- Mask and face-shield – You are required to observe minimum public health safety protocols
- Patience 😉 – expect a queue — just be patient and keep a cool head
The registrant is encouraged to bring any of the following primary documents. You need to bring the original document!
- DFA-issued Philippine Passport or ePassport
- GSIS or SSS-issued Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card (UMID)
- Land Transportation Office (LTO)-issued Student’s License Permit or Non-Professional/Professional Driver’s License
- PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth AND one (1) government-issued identification document which bears full name, front-facing photograph, and signature or thumb mark
(If there are discrepancies between the PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth and the government-issued ID presented, the PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth would be considered as a secondary supporting document)
If you don’t have any of your primary documents, you can bring any of the following:
- PSA-issued Certificate of Live Birth/NSO-issued Certificate of Live Birth with Birth Reference Number (BreN)
- LCRO-issued Certificate of Live Birth
- PSA-issued Report of Birth
- PSA-issued Certificate of Foundling
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) Identification Card
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- SSS ID
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) ID
- License to Own or Possess Firearms (LTOPF) ID
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance/ID
- Solo Parent’s ID
- PWD ID
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) ID
- Philhealth ID
- Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA)-issued Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
- National ID from other countries
- Residence ID from other countries
The following identification documents shall be accepted as secondary supporting documents provided that they have a front-facing photograph, signature/thumbmark, full name, permanent address, and date of birth.
- Employee ID
- School ID
- Barangay Clearance/Certificate d. Barangay ID
- City/Municipal ID
How to book my Step 2 PhilID and PhilSys slot?
- Make sure you completed Step 1. To proceed to Step 1 just go to https://register.philsys.gov.ph. Booking your Step 2 appointment will still require you to login at the same website.
- Enter your mobile number — which is assumed you will have forever, or your e-mail address. When choosing which to use, ask yourself which will stay with me longer? Your PhilID is a “forever” kind of identification because it is the national ID issued by the Republic of the Philippines. It will be the most official ID you can ever have. If you think you are the type to keep changing cellphone numbers, please use your email.
- Enter the One-Time Pin (OTP) to verify yourself.
- Upon successful verification you will see your Applications. Click on Modify Application.
- Double-check all your details, especially your Blood Type. Confirm and proceed to the next step.
- The next steps will require you to book your slot — choose your nearest or most convenient location, and then choose between Morning or Afternoon times.
- Upon confirmation and booking, you will need to take a screenshot of the confirmation page, or better yet print a copy which you need to present during your Step 2 appointment. This will have your ARN or QR Code which will be looked for. Take note, if you don’t have a printer, the PSA will accept a screenshot on your phone.
Congratulations! After Step 2 there is only one more step to go, to be able to receive your PhilID and PhilSys Number — Issuance and claiming! For the latest news from PhilSys, check their official website at https://www.philsys.gov.ph/press-releases/ or their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PSAPhilSysOfficial