The Philippines IATF released its latest Resolution No. 47 on June 19, 2020. A summary of the key points are as follows. You may read the full and original Resolution here.
IATF Resolution No. 47 cascades the following directives:
- Because of the alarming situation in the majority of barangays in Cebu City, the National Task Force or NTF is directed to evaluate the ground-level response of Cebu City Local Government Units for one week starting June 22, 2020.
This is assumed to cover not just the Cebu City Government but also at the Barangay level.
The purpose is to “orchestrate a more calibrated response” that includes the following:
- See if an NTF Emergency Operation Center and designation of a Visayas Deputy Implementer for Region 7 or all of Visayas, is needed
- Creation of Out-Patient Service (OPS) in existing Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facilities (TTMFs) because of the low utilization of these facilities and increasing number of home-based isolation of individuals.
- Harmonization of regional and national data from DOH, DILG, and the NTF
- Improve the management of Locally Stranded Individuals (LSI)
- Strict and uniform enforcement of the minimum public health standards in high-risk areas e.g. healthcare venues, wet markets, supermarkets, government offices, workplaces, etc.
2. NTF shall commence assessment and planning for the second and third phases of the National Action Plan, in coordination with other groups.
3. NTF shall harmonize efforts for the “Balik-Probinsya” Program and LSIs.
4. Back riding in motorcycles is allowed in principle, only upon approval of the requirements to be set by the Technical Working Group composed of DOTr, DOST, DOH, MMDA, and DTI.
5. Guidelines for the permitted entry of foreign seafarers for purposes of ship crew rotation shall be drafted by DFA, DOH, DOLE, OWWA, DOTr, MARINA, PPA, and BOI.
6. IATF IDs that have been issued should be inventoried and updated.
7. Adoption of recommendations on Vaccine Development that include:
- Philippine participation in the WHO Solidarity Trial for a COVID-19 vaccine, only if the Philippines will have “an equitable access and a secured portion on the eventual global vaccine supply.”
- Allocation of funding for the participation in these trials to be proposed under 2021 budget of DOST.
- Creation of a separate panel under the sub-Technical Working Group on Vaccine Development, that will provide technical support for local pharmaceutical companies.
It amends the Omnibus Guidelines on Community Quarantine, as follows:
1. Technical-vocational education and training (TVET) of TESDA shall be allowed to resume under GCQ.
2. Face-to-face TVET training and competency assessment may be conducted at up to 50% capacity under MGCQ.
3. Mass gatherings in Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) shall be allowed under MGCQ but must follow existing guidelines.
4. Public utility vehicles shall be exempt from local curfew ordinances under MECQ, GCQ and MGCQ.