On June 15, 2020, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) released a Resolution No. 46 series of 2020.
Much of the news spotlight was given on Resolution No. 46A that focused on the new general quarantine classifications of cities, towns, provinces of the Philippines from June 16 to 30, 2020.
In summary, the IATF Resolution No. 46 had the following provisions:
- Approval of Department of Transportation (DOTr) recommendations:
- Creating a complaints office under the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) to accept and address complaints against international shipping lines
- Prescribing at least eight days free time period per shipping line
- Domestic shipping lines are enjoined to allocate a percentage of cargo space for every voyage exclusively to agricultural and food products
- Omnibus Guidelines are amended to permit transit of lawyers who will provide legal representation for persons arrested during Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ). The Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) shall issue necessary IDs.
- Resumption of operations for approved training organizations, subject to Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) guidelines on minimum public health standards