By Eric Paolo Smith
So we examine the latest IATF Resolution No. 41 series of 2020 released on May 29, 2020 and signed by DOH Sec. Duque and IATF Sec. Nograles which outlines the community quarantine classifications of Provinces, Highly Urbanized Cities (HUCs), and Independent Component Cities (ICCs). You can read the full original text attached to this in the bottom.
It also reclassified barbershops and salon establishments under the Category 3 Industry, and have adopted specific protocols for these businesses (thereby amending its prior amendment of the Omnibus Guidelines). In summary, these establishments if operating in areas under GCQ, can operate at 30% capacity only starting June 7, 2020. In areas under MGCQ, they can operate at 50% capacity. The capacity shall adjust gradually subject to IATF assessment every two weeks and if they are compliant with DTI protocols.
Areas under MGCQ (June 1-15, 2020)
The following Provinces, Highly Urbanized Cities (HUCs), and Independent Component Cities (ICCs) shall be under Modified General Community Quarantine or MGCQ from June 1 to June 15, 2020.
- Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) – Abra, Apayao, Baguio, Benguet, Ifugao, Kalinga, Mountain Province;
- Region 1 – Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Dagupan City;
- Region 4-B – Marinduque, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Romblon, Palawan, Puerto Princesa City; and
- Region 5 – Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Masbate, Sorsogon, Legazpi City, and Naga City
- Region 6 – Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, Negros Occidental, Iloilo City, Bacolod City,
- Region 8 – Biliran, Eastern Samar, Leyte, Northern Samar, Western Samar, Southern Leyte, Ormoc City, Tacloban City
- Region 9 – Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, Isabela City
- Region 10 – Bukidnon, Camiguin, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental, Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 11 – Davao de Oro, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao Occidental, Davao Oriental
- Region 12 – North Cotabato, South Cotabato, Sarangani, Sultan Kudarat, General Santos City
- Region 13 (CARAGA) – Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Butuan City
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) – Basilan, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Cotabato City
Areas under GCQ (June 1-15, 2020)
The following Provinces, Highly Urbanized Cities (HUCs), and Independent Component Cities (ICCs) shall be under General Community Quarantine or GCQ from June 1 to June 15, 2020.
- Region 2 – Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Santiago City
- Region 3 – Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Tarlac, Zambales, Angeles City, Olongapo City
- Region 4-A – Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon, Lucena City
- NCR – All Highly Urbanized Cities (HUCs), and the Municipality of Pateros
- Region 7 – Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental, Siquijor, Cebu City, Mandaue City, Lapu-Lapu City
- Zamboanga City
- Davao City
Source: Philippines COVID-19 IATF-RESOLUTION-NO-41-MAY292020